This is the village of Los Cobanos, El Salvador. Its one hundred residents live with the sea at their doorstep. With a country in turmoil at their backs, fishing defines and sustains life.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Photos running in "Borderlands: Texas Poetry Review"


I'm honored to have some of my photos of the people of Los Cobanos run in the Spring-Summer issue of Borderlands: Texas Poetry Review. My colleague at Riverkeeper, Ramona Cearley, is Director of the publication and very kindly asked to include some shots as well as a brief narrative of the project and its people. The issue will debut at the University of Texas Undergraduate Writing Center in Austin on July 17 at 7pm.

In addition to the photos, the issue will feature many beautiful works from renowned Texan poets and several book reviews.

For more information on the event, click here.

Thanks Ramona!

2 comments:

putz36 said...

dear basil.i born in bournazi peristeri athens.we live in corfou island greece.my father george those days was friend with someone that his name was segos lefteris or Vasilis.I think is your father or ur gandfather.I am not sure.If i am mistake sorry but if you know something for this people plz send me an email to putz36@in.gr

tnx.

Catja said...

Hola! Soy una chica sueca de 17 años. Espero que todo está bien con usted. Salud de mí El Salvador